MRI Patient Stereo Builder's Kit
Here's how the MRI stereo system works:
- In addition to buying the Stereo Builder's Kit, you must add an audio device that will play your choice of music
- You could choose to power the stereo from an Apple iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tablet, for example
- In fact, the music source could be just about any tablet, MP3 player, cellular phone, satellite radio or computer of your choice
- The Bluetooth connection capabilities can enable you to use a myriad of different audio devices, including just about any device brought in by patients to play their own chosen music selection
- A stereo amplifier, microphone and Bose amplified speakers all are situated nearby the Technologist
- There are two cables that run from the amplifier to the RF penetration panel in the computer room, and connect via 2 BNC connectors
- On the opposite side of that panel (inside the scan room) two coaxial cables go from the BNC connectors to the front of the magnet cover where they connect to an acrylic box, called the Patient Acoustic Interface
- Inside the Patient Acoustic Interface there are two specially designed transducers that convert the audio to pneumatic sound
- The vinyl tubes carry the pneumatic audio to patient acoustic headphones
- The acoustic headphones are made from plastic so they are MRI safe and are invisible in the MRI scans
- The patients put on the headphones and go inside the MRI magnet for their scan
- The Technologist selects the music and talks to the patient using the push-button microphone at the operator console
- The volume and microphone levels are set on the amplifier to a level that is comfortable for the patient
- As the Technologist speaks into the microphone, the music drops down and the patient can clearly hear the technologist in their headphones
- The patient can respond verbally, and the patient will be heard through the MRI system's own built-in intercom
- Most patients will quickly relax after putting on the headphones and this enables the Technologist to begin scanning fairly quickly
- Time is saved as the Technologist will not have to coax the patients into the scanner
- Most patients quickly become relaxed by the music and patients will generally close their eyes and lie still for much longer periods
- The music helps patients to pass the time and effectively cope with being inside the tight confining space of the MRI system
This MRI stereo kit gives you the option to get creative and add your own chosen equipment as the music source. Easily connect directly to any equipment headphone output or a line-out jack to make that device your primary source for music. As an example, you could use a tablet as the primary music source, and the tablet could be connected to a local Wi-Fi network, streaming Pandora music, for example. You could load up tons of music onto an iPod, and use that iPod as the primary music source, if so desired. Some facilities use a nearby computer audio output and stream music from other online sources, such as Spotify, iTunes or Apple Radio. These are just some examples of the many devices that you could add to this MRI stereo sound system.
The amplifier has two different Aux inputs, so you can switch between two different direct sources of audio. Some facilities use the audio from a computer output, and this can come in handy if you want the patients to hear audio needed for specialized FMRI studies. Given the many ways to drive this stereo kit, you will certainly be able to get creative and make the sound system come alive with any audio source of your choosing.
The Stereo Builder's Kit system is Bluetooth enabled, so you could switch to the Bluetooth input and connect wirelessly to various different audio devices. For example, patients could bring in their iPod touch, an MP3 player, a tablet or even a cell phone, loaded with their favorite music, and you can easily pair that device with the stereo system to play the patient's chosen music.
This kit includes a pair of Bose powered speakers, delivering very high quality music into the technologist area. These speakers can be adjusted for any volume level without affecting the level heard in the patient headphones. There is a separate volume control to adjust the levels of sound going to the patient headphones. The new TALK-OVER microphone feature will automatically lower the music level so the patients can clearly hear the Technologist's voice.
The Stereo Builder's Kit comes with complete installation instructions and the cables are cut to fit your facility. The cable lengths are based on the information that you provide in an installation evaluation form. The kit is very easily installed at any MRI facility. The cables use two BNC connectors and most MRI systems generally have 2 spare BNC connectors on the penetration panel. If your facility does not have these spare connectors, they can be purchased for $8.95 each and each kit requires 2 BNC bulkhead connectors.
- Push-to-Talk desktop microphone overrides the music and enables the technologist to be easily heard in the MRI patient headphones
- The Bluetooth-Enabled integrated amplifier is easily used to control the music levels for the patient
- The Bose powered speakers provide wonderful sound from whatever device you choose as the music source
- Patient Acoustic Interface converts electronic sound to pneumatic sound going to the patient headphones
- 2 plastic pneumatic headphones for use in all MRI coils and all MRI scanning
- 1 Bag of Eartips are enough to get you started with providing sound to the patient headphones
- All cables are labeled for an easy out-of-the-box installation
- Custom installation manual with graphic illustrations and photographs, making it quite easy to install
- Plastic headphone hanger clips keep the plastic headphones handy for the next patient scan
- Can be operated from most power sources using either 110-volt 60hz power or 240-volt 50Hz power
- This is the perfect solution for those who want to use their own music source, such as MP3 player, cell phone or tablet.
- Bluetooth will pair with most Android and Apple cell phones such as Apple iPhone models, Samsung, Motorola, LG and HTC cell phones and tablets
- Use cell phone Aps to play Pandora, Spotify, iTunes or Apple Radio from most tablets and cell phones
- The manual accompanying this kit shows how to easily use this kit with many different audio sources, such as Sirius/XM satellite radios
Apple®, Pandora®, Bose®, Pandora®, Spotify®, iPhone®, Samsung®, Motorola®, LG®, HTC®, iTunes®, and Sirius/XM® are registered trademarks
1 Year Limited